PGA Championship Air Charter Service by Le Bas International
The PGA Championship (often referred to as the U.S. PGA Championship) is an annual golf tournament conducted by the Professional Golfers’ Association of America and is one of the four major championships in professional golf. It was formerly played in mid-August on the third weekend before Labor Day weekend, serving as the fourth and final major of the golf season. Beginning 2019, the tournament will be played starting Thursday, May 16 thru Sunday, May 19 at the Bethpage Black Course in Farmingdale, New York as the season’s second major. It is an official money event on the PGA Tour, European Tour, and Japan Golf Tour, with a purse of $10,500,000. In line with the other majors, winning the PGA gains privileges that improve career security. PGA champions are automatically invited to play in the other three majors (Masters Tournament, U.S. Open, and The Open Championship) and The Players Championship for the next five years, and are eligible for the PGA Championship for life. They receive membership on the PGA Tour for the following five seasons and on the European Tour for the following seven seasons. The PGA is the only one of the four majors to be a tournament almost exclusively for professional players.
Who will play in the 2019 PGA Championship?
Players must meet one of 13 qualifications to play in the PGA Championship. Here is who qualifies:
- All former winners of the PGA Championship
- Winners of the past five Masters (2015-2019)
- Winners of the past five U.S. Opens (2014-2018)
- Winners of the past five Open Championships (2014-2018)
- Winners of the past three Players Championships (2017-2019)
- The top 15 finishers at the 2018 PGA Championship
- The top 20 finishers at the 2019 PGA Professional Championship
- The top 70 players who have earned the most PGA Championship Points from the 2018 The Players Championship through the 2019 PGA Tour event (ending May 5, 2019).
- Playing members of the last-named U.S. and European Ryder Cup teams (2018) provided they remain within the top 100 on the Official World Golf Ranking as of May 5, 2019.
- Winners of PGA TOUR co-sponsored or approved tournaments, whose victories are considered official, from the 2018 Players Championship to the 2019 PGA Championship.
- The PGA of America reserves the right to invite additional players not included in the categories listed above.
- If necessary to complete the field, those players beyond the top 70 players who have earned the most PGA Championship Points from the 2018 The Players Championship through the 2019 PGA Tour event ending May 5, 2019 in order of their position on such list.
Who won the 2018 PGA Championship?
Brooks Koepka won his third major at the 2018 PGA Championship at Bellerive Country Club last year. Koepka shot a 16-under to hold off Tiger Woods, who finished second with a 14-under after shooting a 6-under 64 Sunday. Scroll to the end of this article to view all past champions.
How to arrange PGA Championship Air Charter Service?
Simply contact Le Bas International for PGA Championship air charter service 24/7 at +1.805.593.0510 or click this link for an online air charter request. Fly to Republic airport (Long Island’s executive airport) which is less than 5 miles away from the Bethpage Black Course with ground transportation services available.